How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

If a charity rents land to a farmer and the farmer puts the

This answer was rated:

If a charity rents land to a farmer and the farmer puts the land to set aside who claims the money? Does this also apply of the rent is lower than the subsidy?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify what you mean to set aside please?

set aside is when a farmer leaves land unused for a year and claims allowance for doing so. No crops are grown on that land for the year.

Alex Watts : What does the rental agreement say?

Not sure will have to look into that. Will reply as soon as l have

Alex Watts : Ok

l said setaside when l meant EU subsidy paid to farmers. Sorry if l have caused confusion

Alex Watts :

It would be paid to the farmer.

Alex Watts :

This is because you have leased the land to him

Alex Watts :

Unless you have any agreement to the contrary it would be payable to the person that rents the land

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:

Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you