How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

University X is resisting ALs attempt to reclaim the aircraft.

Customer Question

University X is resisting AL's attempt to reclaim the aircraft. Can you recommend a law book, which provides information on relevant statutes, and which discusses cases of this nature ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

AL may go to court to get an order forcing the university to release the aircraft to AL, this is a basic contract enforcement matter, AL and MK2 have rights to the aircraft, the condition that the ultimate destination of the aircraft was the university is not the same as saying the ultimate owner would be the university.

The other alternative is for the university and AL to try and amicably resolve the matter by appointing an independent mediator to mediate on the issue.

May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Who are the parties to the contract, that AL could seek to enforce in court ?

DW and AM have written AL a letter, appointing him to act on their behalf, on all matters concerning the aircraft. AL has supplied a copy of the letter to the legal adviser of university X. There has also been a meeting recently, between the legal adviser and AL, to try to achieve an amicable resolution of the matter. AL is qualified in engineering, not in law - hence AL's request for information on relevant statutes and books.

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
The dispute is between AL and the university, so AL would be the claimant and the university the defendant.

AL may search for relevant cases here for free

This is a Q&A site and only meant for guidance purposes, the kind of representation or help that AL is seeking would require a proper solicitor to assist with.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks for your advice and information supplied today.

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.