How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10740
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I am leaving my 10 year old daughter a house to be held in

This answer was rated:

I am leaving my 10 year old daughter a house to be held in trust until she is 25.I would like one of my trustees to live there rent free until she is 25.Is that possible?
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

You can indeed do this- you need to include a clause in your Will, granting the Trustee the right to remain living in the property rent free until your Daughter reaches 25. (It would be normal for such an occupier to be responsible for the Buildings Insurance/maintenance of the property during their occupation).

I hope this assists and answers your question.

Kind Regards
Aston Lawyer and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you