How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 823
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

I have a bungalow that is at the bottom of a track which to

This answer was rated:

I have a bungalow that is at the bottom of a track which to one side is over grown with weeds which the land owner never uses which i have right of way access. the land owner has rented this out to someone who has a horse which is roaming freely up and down the track.they have closed our gate and his gate at the top end of the track. the person who has rented this land has said that we have to keep our gate closed as the horse will get into our property.they are going to put a padlock on the land owners gate and give us a key but there are four of us in our bungalow. can she do this and what do we do about our post and rubbish collection. i am not sure about the law on our access rights .Thank you Sue XXXXXXX

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello. I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience and will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

The answer to this will depend on the nature of your right of access. This will be an easement which you should have been advised about by your solicitor at the time you purchased. There will also be details recorded on the title register held at the Land Registry.

LondonlawyerJ :

If you have the documents and letters form your conveyancing solicitor you should have a look at these to see what advice he gave you. Alternatively you can check at the land registry on line. If all you have is a right of access then that is just what it is and the owner doing what he has will not necessarily be in breach of your rights.

LondonlawyerJ and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you