How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 35091
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I wish to marry a retired lady, which will remove her from

This answer was rated:

I wish to marry a retired lady, which will remove her from the housing benefit list, as she will live in my home. In view of our age, my partner does not wish to claim any part of my estate, nor continue to occupy my home after my death. Will she be admitted back onto the housing benefit register without any problem?
Thank you for your question
My name is Clare
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
How old are you both and what provision do you intend to make for her?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I, Arthur, am 71 years old and my fiancé is 64. In the event of my death I would consider a lump sum of £10,000 to be set aside pending my death to help with the change of circumstances.

Then that is likely to be seen as reasonable and your widow would again be eligible for Local Authority accommodation
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you