How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

if I am a tenant in a council flat and have secure tenancy

Customer Question

if I am a tenant in a council flat and have secure tenancy do I take it with me if I moved to any other housing association

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Is any of the property owned by a local Authority or association.
JACUSTOMER-bhp1vmlx- :

the property is owned by catalyst

JACUSTOMER-bhp1vmlx- :

my flat now is owned by the council but the one I want to move in is owned by catalyst

Alex Watts :

Thank you.

Alex Watts :

In that case no

Alex Watts :

If the Council had transferred that property to a Housing Association then yes the rights would transfer

Alex Watts :

But if you are moving out of a Council property and into an Association property then your rights end and you start again

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?