How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am currently evicting a tenant (Section 21) and the latest

This answer was rated:

I am currently evicting a tenant (Section 21) and the latest tenancy agreement marked 'A', the 2 months notice marked 'C' a copy of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme certificate but I note that on the form N5B, question 3 part 2 asks for the notice in writing that the tenancy was to be a 'shorthold tenancy' - to be marked 'B'. I do not have a copy of the original letter sent to the tenant but I do have an agreement form from the local authority who provided the initial deposit. This details that the tenancy is a Shorthold tenancy. Will this suffice?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

What type of tenancy did they have, was it an AST or a different tenancy please?


The tenancy has been an Assured Shorthold since it began. I advised the client when she viewed the property and she told me she had expected that that would be the case. As she was in Local Authority emergency housing, the LA lent her the deposit monies, for which I signed an agreement. I still have this document.

Alex Watts : Do you have details of which scheme the deposit is protected in please?

It is the DPS (Deposit Protection Scheme) service.

Alex Watts : You have the original agreement still.
Alex Watts : ?

Do you mean the original tenancy agreement? If so, yes I do.

Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
3B is in relation to the agreement.

A) means the original expired and its now a periodic

B) means there is nothing stating its not an AST

C) means its a farming tenancy


Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So, to finalise, I need to send the completed form N5B plus a copy of the expired tenancy agreement, marked A, plus a copy of the Notice to Quit, marked C and a copy of the proof of recorded delivery posting, marked C1.


Can you advise me of the court fee please?


Yes that is correct.

Court fee: £280.