How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Tenant has been ordered to leave PCOL(possession Clain on line)

This answer was rated:

Tenant has been ordered to leave PCOL(possession Clain on line) section 8 3 months rent arrears.
Mandatory possession was granted.
3 weeks after warrant of possession was issued I haven't heard anything from the Bailiffs. Tenant continues to live at my property without paying rent and now owed me 4 months rent. I need to get him out asap in order to relet my property
Can I employ private bailiffs to evict the tenant.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply. !
Alex Watts : Yes, you can employ private bailiffs if you have a copy of the order for possession.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything about this for you today please ?

can private bailiffs have similar powers to court appointed bailiffs i.e. can they enter the property and evict the tenant(following issue of warrant of possession)


Can they recover monies owed by me


do they have to be certified by a regulatory body?(unsure if there is such a firm for bailiffs)


do private bailiffs have similar ...

Alex Watts : If you have judgment for arrearsaswell yes.
Alex Watts : Yes they need to be a certified bailiff.
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Ash and 2 other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

excellent Yes Thank you