How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 3844
Experience:  Two years conveyancing experience.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

Can a real estate company stop an exit from the UK to an overseas

This answer was rated:

Can a real estate company stop an exit from the UK to an overseas destination because of not paying out a lease in UK

Alex J. :


Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Owing unpaid rent on a lease is not a criminal offence it is a civil matter, you cannot be prevent from leaving the UK just because you owe someone money. That said, there is nothing to stop this creditor from seeking a court order against you demanding payment and looking to enforce it in whatever country you go to. This would obviously be a very expensive process so they would have to be certain that you had the funds or they could find you at the very least, in order to take such action.

Alex J. :

Can you provide me with any more details? Kind regards AJ

Alex J. and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you