How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

HI My neighbors (which is a big company) piece of land is

Customer Question

My neighbors (which is a big company) piece of land is ajustant to our garden. There is triangular space between my fence,comapnys land and neibouring propert on on our left whic has been used for dumpin , grass,rubbish.
We were under the impression that this lands belongs to the company however search of index map showed this land does not belongs to them. however on our deeds and othe ordanacy map the land seems to be in our boundary.
I planned to fence this area and clean it and usee it as part of the garden over the my surprise i noted small 3x3 foot area was built using pallets and garden post for compost use in the same piece of land
I have moved the area and fenced it and going to clean it tomorrow to avoid further dumping of rubbish.
there has been rat infestation and environmental agency was involved.

Have I done something criminal I belive the gardner has created box like structure for compost and throwing the grass.??

Can i apply for amending the boundary??
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

No, you have not committed a crime as this is a civil issue, not a criminal issue.

Yes, you may apply to have the boundary amended by applying for a deed of rectification. You should contact a solicitor or registered conveyancer to handle the process for you.

May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for reply.quite reassuring.just wanted
To check if I can apply to amend the boundary as I believe
It's should be as per map.its not on our deed
Shall I wait to see if the neighbouring property changes
The boundary change?
Or shall or adverse passion is the answer??

Can they move the boundary back without my permission and what should I do if they try to do so?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
You may want to take the first step of determining the boundary correctly rather than wait.

According to Land Registry guidance

Under section 60 of the Land Registration Act 2002, you can fix your boundaries more precisely by sending us:

a very precise plan showing where the exact line of the boundary is, you will need to use a qualified surveyor to draw up a plan that meets our requirements,
a completed application form DB - Determination of a boundary (Word, 71KB),
fee: select 'determination of a boundary' in the fee calculator
This procedure is known as 'determining the boundary'.

As an alternative you can make a formal boundary agreement with your neighbour(s) and ask us to be note it on your individual registers. This will effectively record the agreement, but will not determine the exact line of the boundary of the registered title.(s).

- See more at: