How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

Hi, I have responsibility for a boundary hedge on my property.

Customer Question

Hi, I have responsibility for a boundary hedge on my property. My neighbours have grown the hedge thicker their side so that they can grow it higher than I want. Can I cut it to the height I want? At the moment it is at two heights and looks bad. Thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

You can cut the hedge back to the extent that it protrudes over your property. You can not touch the parts of the nedge on your neighbours land. You cannot cut the hedge to make the height even if to do so you need to cut parts of the hedge overhanging your neighbour's land.