How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 35044
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

House owned by brother and sister, brother marries, wants to

Customer Question

House owned by brother and sister, brother marries, wants to put new wife as co owner of property by buying out sisters share.

Father putting up money for the "buy out " and wants to secure this loan on the property,

all parties in agreement, no current mortgages secured

How easy is it to deal direct with Land Registry to change ownership and secure private mortgage?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question
My name is Clare
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first
Are you happy to draft the Private mortgage deed yourself?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, but I would have to source a draft copy of a Mortgage deed to follow and edit


Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Assuming your draft is fine and the TR1 and the mortgage are all signed correctly then there is no reason why you shoudl not deal with the Registration of the Transfer and the Charge - but you will probably need to ask a Solicitor to deal with the Certification of Identity forms.
Please ask if you need further details