How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2456
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

hi we have a boundary dispute on going with our neighbours

Customer Question

hi we have a boundary dispute on going with our neighbours and they are saying that they have been told by their solicitors that the conveyencing plan (which is showing the incorrect position to their favour) is the legally binding document and superceeds the land Registary title deeds. The boundary currently curves to 4ft within our property at the widest point yet the Land Registry shows it as a straight line to the orginal curbs that are still in place outside the properties. Could you please advise which plans conveyencing or Land Registry are the legally binding ones. thank you in advance Iain XXXX  N.B both properties were council owned when the boundary was altered but nothing was ever lodged with the Land Registry about the change and now we own our house and the house next door is owned by Riverside Housing association who started the dispute.

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Property Law