How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

They going to stop my tex credits .

This answer was rated:

I'm a singl mum but my husband still use my address for the post because the house is in join name. Now I'm Having a problems from inland revenue they might stop my money and give me fine because my husband still using this address .I clam for tex credits as a single person in December 2013 after my husband left me with four children ,I received a letter from HM Revenue& Customs that your husband still at your addresses and you made a false claim , I told them he's not living hare but he still use the address because house is in his name as well, but they said its going against you please give me a best advise as they told me they will stop my award and I have to pay back all the money to them.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Did you advise them of all the circumstances when you applied? Does your husband live somewhere else? If so why do you allow him to use your address please?

Customer: When he left , he said until he find a permanent addresses he will be using Thais address for the post and I dint know it can effect my claim tell I had a letter from inland review , my husband live with his mum some time , some time with sister , me and my children don't want him as he is vey violent.
Customer: I need the right advice as I have to send all the document to inland revenue .
Alex Watts :

Why have you not divorced him yet please?

Customer: I have to much preasure from family and culture .
Alex Watts : He also owns the property.
Alex Watts : Well if you don't divorce him you can't stop him sending post there.
Alex Watts : If the HMRC stop payments then you can appeal.
Alex Watts : You will need to show he is not.
Alex Watts : It will go before a tribunal and you will have to show your husband is not living there.
Alex Watts : But appeal as it is free.
Alex Watts : They may change their mind before any appeal date.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: Can you please explane this in easy english .
Alex Watts : yes.
Alex Watts : If they stop your tax credits, you appeal.
Alex Watts : Your appeal with be heard by someone else.
Alex Watts : They will decide whether you are entitled to tax credits.
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you