How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Hi can you advise me please our neighbour has vans parked up

This answer was rated:

Hi can you advise me please our neighbour has vans parked up he drive 24/ 7 never moved in years he buy them for spare parts we have asked him several time if he is going to get rid off them and the answer is yes and im going to get more .Its upsetting me as I cant see out only onto a big transit van they are not tax or insure as he cant drive them .He delivered parcels so said he want to buy van for spare parts .is there anything I can do?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Is it on his property? Do you have any right of way please?

Customer: No it's on there own drive right next door to mine he buys them for parts so breaks them down .its not even that it's the fact that it's there I can't even look down and I have to out of my driive very need on the foot path before I can see it so big
Customer: Sorry when coming off my drive I'm on the footpath before I can see anything
Alex Watts :

Have you complained to the Council please?

Customer: Yes they said they would pass the info on
Customer: I have taken lots of photos and logging things but I really didn't want to go down that root
Alex Watts : Ok so the council are not taking action?
Customer: No
Customer: No às far as aware
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If the councils could help me I wouldn't be contacting you. Can you help or not ?
I can't do the work for you, if that is what you asking, we can not be instructed.

But if the items are on his OWN land, unless they are causing noise or smells then you can not do anything. They may not look nice, but there is no law against that.

If they are causing noise or smells, then you can take action under the Environmental Protection Act. You would need to issue proceedings in the County Court for an injunction to stop them.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you