Hi Alex, Following my last question I have received further

Hi Alex,
Following my last question I have received further communications from
the previous lawyer and the letter has-
WITHOUT PREJUDICE SAVE AS TO COSTS - what does this mean ?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : This simply means you can't use it in court. You can not refer to it. But it should be only in connection with settling the matter
Alex Watts : Everything written can't just be blanket without prejudice.
Alex Watts : Does that clarify?

So does it mean that everything else in the letter can't be used in court or against me.

apart from the costs that are incurred by the other side which they can still sue me for

Alex Watts : Nothing in the letter can be used.
Alex Watts : Clear
Alex Watts : Clearly it does not stop litigation and costs if the matter is not a small claim
Alex Watts : Does that clarify?

Not quite , so if I settle they can still sue me ?

Alex Watts : no.
Alex Watts : If its accepted that is the end of the matter.
Alex Watts : Does that help?

I will have to read the letter in greater depth and will come back to you tomorrow.

Alex Watts : ok.
Alex Watts : But if you accept an offer in full and final settlement, you can't be sued
Alex Watts : It would be an abuse of process and the claim would be struck out.
Alex Watts : I hope that helps.

they are trying to get me to hand over a piece of land that they say was theirs , but remained in my name

when sold to them and they are saying unless I sign it over to them , the pending sale they have will not go through.therefore they will sue me for loss of sale and all costs relating to it.

Alex Watts : If its yours then its yours. They can't sue for loss because they can get another one. If its yours then they have no claim
Alex Watts : Does that clarify?