How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

There is a dangerous tree on a slice of unregistered land at

This answer was rated:

There is a dangerous tree on a slice of unregistered land at the back of my house. can I legally have it removed. It does not have a TPO on it. The land is 15 wide, and in the early 1940's was used by a farmer to move between his fields (so we have been told). The land lies between the back of my house and the neighbouring houses and is now effectively hemmed in where the older properties have extended their gardens back to my boundary.


Do you know who is the owner of that land?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Unfortunately, no. The builders were unable to find a name and so left the tree as it is. All we have heard is that it was a tract of land retained so whoever the farmer was could move his tractor between his field. This was back in the 1940's. The area in now about 12 foot square because of the established houses extending their gardens. The tree is question has been seen by a tree surgeon who recommends felling.

If you are happy to pay for the cost of removing the tree and willing to take the risk of any claim from the land owner for removing their tree, you may go ahead with it, although from what you say, it is unlikely that the owner will make any claim if they have not been seen for all these years since the 1940's.

All the bese

UKSolicitorJA and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you