How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

what happens if i fall behind on my rent and cant afford to

This answer was rated:

what happens if i fall behind on my rent and cant afford to pay it,and there is no lease in place and i leave the house,
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

The worst case is that technically the Landlord could pursue you for the remaining rent

Alex Watts :

The Landlord could issue County Court proceedings

Alex Watts :

However if the Landlord does not know where you have moved to, it would be hard to issue proceedings

Alex Watts :

The Landlord would be throwing good money after bad

Alex Watts :

But if you move and dont tell the Landlord where you go, the Landlord has limited steps

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

why another charge when you say 7 day free trial,do not take any more money from my account,thank you ,as i did not sign up to anything

You need to contact customer services re any billing issues. As an expert I have no access to that part of the system. Thanks