How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 71050
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

our neighbours have built a shed that is touching our side

Customer Question

our neighbours have built a shed that is touching our side wall. the rain comes down onto the wall and is causing it to be damp.. Please advise of what rights we have to make them do something about it.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
You have a claim against the neighbour in negligence and common-law nuisance.. You can sue them for any damage caused as a result.
You can also get an injunction to make them move the shed or at least abate the nuisance as well as claim for the cost of rectifying the damage.
If you have house insurance check to see if you have legal expenses cover because it may be that you are insured for the legal costs.
Can I clarify anything for you?