How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10779
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

We have recently moved into a detached house. About 8 metres

This answer was rated:

We have recently moved into a detached house. About 8 metres away from our house, just next to our fence border (owned by the local highway authority) is a clump of 5 mature ash trees. These trees are approximately 20-25 metres high and could, in high winds, potentially bend and break, coming down onto our property, if not our house itself. Is it possible that we can insist that the highways authority reduce the height of these trees to reduce the risk of damage to our property, please?
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
I am afraid that the HA will only undertake works to trees where there is shown to be a significant risk to persons, property or to the long term health of the tree.
Therefore, unless you can get a report commissioned proving one of the above factors, HA won't consider your request.
I am sorry this is not the answer you were looking for, but it sets out the legal position.
Kind Regards
Aston Lawyer and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you