How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wingrovebuyer Your Own Question
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 737
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
wingrovebuyer is online now

I live in a very rural area of Suffolk. We have a minor derestricted

This answer was rated:

I live in a very rural area of Suffolk. We have a minor derestricted road running past several properties whose verges alongside the road are privately owned and maintained by the property owners. Do these folk have the right to place obstacles on their verges to protect the area from vehicles and tractors over riding the verges?
wingrovebuyer :

Hello. You need to check if the verge is designated as public highway (it can be, even if privately owned). You can do this by contacting the local county council. If it is, you can't place anything on it. If it isn't, the owners can do as they please to prevent over running. Best, wb

wingrovebuyer and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you