How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wingrovebuyer Your Own Question
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 737
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
wingrovebuyer is online now

IF I have applied for planning permission would the council

Customer Question

IF I have applied for planning permission would the council need to wait 4 years after that date to put forward a case that I am doing nothing with the land in order to put forward a case for compulsory purchase?

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 3 years ago.
wingrovebuyer : Hello. Short answer is no, they can still try to CPO the land. However, you could use the planning permission to get a certificate of appreprinted alternative use, which could prevent the CPO from being made. Whether or not this is possible will depend on what the council has in mind for your land.
wingrovebuyer : Do you know their plans, or have things not got this far?
wingrovebuyer :

Hello. Can I help further?