How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2456
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

council home purchase

Customer Question

I have lived in my current council home for 10 partner recently moved in with me and we pay the utilities bills my earnings rose due to me up gradeing my job role so I decided to investigate buying the property after recieving my end of year wage slip.I was entitled to a 43% discount for ythe 13 years I have rented from local authority also I put 10.000 deposit so my total mortage is 44.150 would my partner be entitled to any of the property if we were to separate as he has expressed no interest in helping purchase the house, but  every household bill is in my name his name is ***** ***** any paperwork in relation to the house purchase or bills,he keeps saying our house but I never asked him to purchase it with me as it is for my childrens future not his

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Property Law