How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wingrovebuyer Your Own Question
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 737
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
wingrovebuyer is online now

I live in a street with stagered houses. so my house is further

This answer was rated:

I live in a street with stagered houses. so my house is further back and my neighbour's house is "forward" so my neighbor and i share a wall that joins the houses together. As you come into the front entrance of my property, this wall is on the right side and runs the full length of my front garden. And as you come into the front garden of my neigbour, this wall is on the left and as you walk into my neighbours' house, the left side of the wall is their hallway and kitchen. there is a very clear and straight picket fence starting from where the wall ends. so my neghbour has been jumping over this picket fence and sometimes they have been walking all the way round to my front gate and into my front garden and installing tv dishes on my side of the wall, in my absence. claiming possession of my side of the wall. clearly tresspassing. what are my legal rights?

wingrovebuyer : Hello. Yes, you're right. They may own the wall, but they have no automatic right to enter your property, unless their deeds alow it,which I doubt they do. They can get rights to enter to undertake repairs to their wall, but not to undertake new works such as the installation of a satellite dish. In addition, if this dish is overhanging the boundary (sounds like it is) then it is trespassing because you own your land and the airspace above it. You can require them to remove the dish. If they refuse, you could ask the court for an injunction requiring them to remove it.
wingrovebuyer and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you