How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

i am a landlord and have tenants who have not paid since November. They

This answer was rated:

i am a landlord and have tenants who have not paid since November.
They have been issued with the appropriate notices by the managing agent but it now seems i need to apply to the court for possesion. Could you please advise if i will need a solicitor to act on my behalf?
many thanks,
Hello Gary,

It is advisable to appoint a solicitor to apply for the possession order from the court unless you know how to do it yourself as the process is very technical and there are various legal issues that need to be considered e.g. was the deposit protected, was the correct notice given etc.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you