How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I currently living with my boyfriend in his flat but we are

This answer was rated:

I currently living with my boyfriend in his flat but we are about to split up. I own my own flat but have long term tenants renting it (with no contract) I require to evict the tenants so I have somewhere to live please can you advise me what to do
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

When did your long term tenants move in please?


year 2000

Alex Watts : Ok. You simply need to write and send them a section 21 notice, there are plenty of these online.
Alex Watts : You give them 2 months notice frm the date of the next rent payment.
Alex Watts : Then if they refuse to move you can issue proceedings for possession.
Alex Watts : You can do this by completing form N5
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : Or you can issue proceedings online at .
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : But generally that is only normally available for just arrears.
Alex Watts : The court will list the matter for hearing and decide whether to give possession
Alex Watts : Once the court does they have to move out or you can instruct bailiffs to evict.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for the information I will see what happens in the near future.

Thank you.