How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wingrovebuyer Your Own Question
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 737
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
wingrovebuyer is online now

I have a house with a mortgage, I have built another house

Customer Question

I have a house with a mortgage, I have built another house in the garden, the drive is shared. My mortgage company is currently unaware of the new build. I will rent the new house. But I want to raise some finance on it through a buy to let mortgage . Can I separate the deeds , create a new one for the new house and a new one for the old house but all titles remaining in my name ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 3 years ago.
wingrovebuyer : Hello. Yes, you can ask Land Registry to split the title, but your mortgage lender would have to agree to this. If there is plenty of equity remaining in the original property, they ought to agree to this. Best wishes, WB