How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

Is there a special type of tenancy document I need to enter

This answer was rated:

Is there a special type of tenancy document I need to enter into if I am allowing a person to occupy a residential property for the purposes of security and not charging them rent?

Hello. I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.


Are you employing this person to keep your flat secure while you are away or are you just letting them stay to keep it secure. Is there a fixed period of time for them to be keeping the place secure?

JACUSTOMER-mxr56nk6- :

We are letting stay to keep it secure for a fixed term

LondonlawyerJ and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
How long? I think you need to have an agreement in writing making it clear that the person is occupying for a period of whatever length and that he will be paying nothing to stay there and that in consideration of him keeping the flat safe you are alowing him to stay there.
Can you give some more information about the overall situation please as it is difficult to answer otherwise.