How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi, we have a problem with a neighbour who had some of our

This answer was rated:

Hi, we have a problem with a neighbour who had some of our tree branches overhanging his fence but instead of cutting back to his boundary he has cut right back to the trunk which is at least 18 inches to 2 feet with in our boundary. we approached him to say what he was doing was wrong and that he could not just throw the cuttings on our side but he still carried on. this is the second time he has done this and now we have what looks like half a tree, branches one side and all hacked off the other. I need advice of what action I can take. Thanks
You may report the matter to the police and tell them that your neighbour has criminally damaged your tree.
If the police are not interested, then you may get a local solicitor to write your neighbour a letter pointing out the damage caused to your tree and holding them liable for it and getting them to compensate you for the damage.
May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I stand with the branches thrown on my garden?

The branches are yours as it is your tree so your neighbour is not doing anything wrong by throwing these back into your garden.
All the best, ***** ***** feedback
UKSolicitorJA and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you