How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

House is owned in 3 names - Husband, wife & their daughter

This answer was rated:

House is owned in 3 names - Husband, wife & their daughter (aged in her 30's). Property is unencumbered and ownership is Tenants in common. Can one party force a sale of the property? Can one party force the other 2 parties to buy out the 3rd share?
The answers to both your questions are yes, this is possible but only with a court order under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996.
May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you