How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10772
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I am selling a tenanted house to a company (National Property

This answer was rated:

I am selling a tenanted house to a company (National Property Trade). They looked at the house but are buying it as only looking at the outside of it, gave me an offer for it and hopefully eventually complete on it.
Can they then ask for money back for repairs to the house? and if so how much is there a cap on the amount they can ask for?
There is no wall paper on the wall at the moment and the shower need fixing (they use the bath) other than that you just might want to upgrade it.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
As with all house Sales, the Buyer takes the property in its existing condition.
Therefore, unless they inspect inside before completion, and ask for a price reduction before completion, they are not entitled to ask for any money from you after completion.
I hope this assists and answers your question.
Kind Regards
Aston Lawyer and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you