How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

hai myself and my husband is renting a property with another

Customer Question

hai myself and my husband is renting a property with another couple and their 2 children.our short term contracts ends in november but we two myself and my husband decided to move out and the agency told thats is fine but the other two have to be re refered and thier referencing is under process.the agency also told that we will only get our deposit back when the property is returned ,now i don't want to take the other two people's resposibility if they are going to stay their of another 1 or 2 my question is do we have the right to ask for the deposit when we go? what shall i do for that?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.


Is your deposit with a deposit guarantee scheme? How long was your tenancy and when does it expire? Was your tenancy a jintone with the peopel who are staying and did you and your husband pay a separate deposit to the tenants who are staying on?