How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10737
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I have bought a lease property in May 2014. I am being chased

This answer was rated:

I have bought a lease property in May 2014. I am being chased for outstanding ground rent for the period (Jun'14-Dec'14) by Dorchester Ground Rent Management. I have had no invoice for the above charge. This is because they were not notified about the change of ownership. Who's responsibility is it to issue such a notiffication of the change of the ownership? Myself ? the Seller ? My solicitor or the sellers solicitor ?
Your prompt response would be appreciated. Mrs D.Harrison note new e-mail *****@******.***
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
Your Solicitor was under a duty to serve a "Notice of Transfer" on Dorchester, to confirm you are the new Leaseholder. There is always a fee payable to Dorchester for them to acknowledge receipt of the Notice, which again your Solicitor should have included on the Completion Statement, when requesting funds from you shortly before completion.
I therefore suggest that you contact your Solicitor in the morning!
I hope this helps and answers your question.
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you ever so much. Will speak to my solicitor i the morning.

If you are happy with my Answer, I would be grateful if you could leave positive feedback.
Kind Regards
Aston Lawyer and 3 other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you