How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Requesting stay on proceedings for mediation I am the Claimant Defendants

This answer was rated:

Requesting stay on proceedings for mediation
I am the Claimant
Defendants have agreed to mediation and I need more time to arrange a mediator. How do I request a stay on proceedings for 1 or 2 months to allow mediation?Previous order from the Judge allowed until 10th of November for ADR however there has been delay in getting a response form the other party.
Is it a letter to the court manager with a copy of the letter from defendants solicitor or is there a special form Thank you
Alex Watts :

Thank you for requesting me.

Alex Watts :

If you have not get filed the directions questionnaire you can request a stay.

Alex Watts :

If the matter has already been allocated then you need to make a formal application to Court on form N244 with £45 cheque.

Alex Watts :

The letter from the other side is fine and you can attach this to the application

Alex Watts :

Does that help?


yes excellent

Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you