How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10732
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

My neighbour at 10 Wrensfield hp11rn is applying for permission

Customer Question

My neighbour at 10 Wrensfield hp11rn is applying for permission to demolish his property and rebuild with the addition of two extra houses on the land . How do I find out if there is a covenant which restricts this
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

You would need to see your neighbour's Title Deeds. 95% of properties are registered at the Land Registry and if so, you can obtain copies of the Title Deeds, called "Official Copies" from the Land Registry, for a nominal fee.

Here is the link to the website-

Once you have the Official Copies, any restrictive covenants will be mentioned in the Charges Register of the Official Copies.

I hope this assists you and answers your question.

Kind Regards