How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2456
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

Re: Party Wall Act 1996 Our neighbour has engaged a party

Customer Question

Re: Party Wall Act 1996
Our neighbour has engaged a party wall solicitor to prevent us extending our bungalow
although there is no party wall dividing the properties.
Panning permission and building regulations have been granted to us.
She has been given notice of our building start date, but believes we are required to issue
her one month's written notice. Bldg. Controller states this to be a 'civil law' and is not
legally binding.
Please advise us on how to proceed.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

The Party Wall Act deals with various works on or near to a property's boundary. What work exactly are you having done and how near to the boundary line will you be building? Will aany foundations be going under the boundary line?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards