How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 7663
Experience:  UK solicitor holding an England and Wales practising Certificate.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I own a house but all the deeds are in my previous name, including

This answer was rated:

I own a house but all the deeds are in my previous name, including land registry I now wish to sell how do I proceed?
Thanks for your question.
Do you mean they are in your maiden name, or have your changed your name by deed poll?
Kind regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Bit complicated. I brought house after a divorvce in that married name. have since remarried and divorced again I never changed at time because of situation

Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
It’s relatively straight forward.
You will have to produce your marriage certificate to show that married for the second time and also your decree absolute for the divorce in the second marriage to show that the name in which you propose to transfer the property in now (ie. in the sale) is the correct one.
Basically, provided that you can show that chain of marriage/divorce by marriage certificates and the decree absolute with original documents then your solicitor will supply certified copies of these to the buyer’s solicitor and the buyer’s solicitor will accept them.
You probably won’t even need to make an application to the land registry to change it before completion
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Thomas and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you