How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

Hello, I am a property developer and am in the process of helping

Customer Question

Hello, I am a property developer and am in the process of helping a landowner get planning permission for his 10 acre site. As yet, no formal agreement has been drawn up between us but I would like something in place that ensures that I have exclusive rights to development the land as and when planning has been approved. Can you suggest a contract or agreement that would suffice?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.

Hello i am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.


The only sensible answer to this question is that there is no standard pro-forma contract that you could use. If you try to draft the contract yourself things could easily go wrong. You really need to see a solicitor in the normal way and get an agreement drawn up. This sounds like a potentially high value deal and it would be a mistake to try and save a few hundred pounds now that might end up costing you many thousands later. You can find a solicitor to you do this but follow this link law society find a solicitor.