How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2456
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

I have a property in Coventry on which I have paid ground rent,

Customer Question

I have a property in Coventry on which I have paid ground rent, by bi-annual Direct Debit since about 1985. I received my latest bill of £10, dated 02 Dec and paid on 01 Jan. I received a letter, dated 17th December stating that my GR was due for review on 29 September 2005, yes 2005 and has been increased to £77.54 per annum and that I owed £571.53. Is it in order for them, having omitted to apply the increase for 9 years, to request 9 years back settlement ?
Ken Upton
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.

Are you planning on selling any time soon?

Does the lease allow for increase in ground rent?

Can you afford to pay it?