How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 35051
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My girlfriend is buying a property in her sole name. I want

This answer was rated:

My girlfriend is buying a property in her sole name. I want to make her financial gifts to facilitate a small part of the purchase. I will not get any ownership of this property whatsoever.
How should I document this gift so that my ex-wife can never make any claim that making these I am de facto co-owner of the property
Thank you for your question.
My understanding was that the capital side of your settlement had been dealt with by the court?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes - it has.

Then you ex cannot make any claim on a property purchased by your new partner - even if your funds are involved.
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you