How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10737
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I have received a Notice B136 for a restriction against the

This answer was rated:

I have received a Notice B136 for a restriction against the land.
What exactly does this mean in layman terms.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

It means that someone is wishing to protect a claim against the house and a restriction ensures that your house is not sold without their knowledge and consent.

It could be a lender ( ie mortgagee or second chargee).

Does this make sense?

Please let me know if you require any further clarification.

Kind Regards


Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes that helps as part of a will, two beneficiaries have and interest.

But should I know their address as paperwork received from Land Registry shows incorrect information. Both applicants no longer currently reside at addresses shown on restriction. It was current and true at making of will and when deceased passed.

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for your reply.

The Land Registry should have taken the address(es) from the application form completed by the applicant, so I'm not sure why the address is incorrect. You should therefore write back to the Land Registry to inform them of this mistake, as once the Restriction is registered, it will show on the Deed to the property who has the benefit of the Restriction and their address.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you