How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2456
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

, i have share of freehold in a victorian conversion.

Customer Question

Hello, i have share of freehold in a victorian conversion. I live in the ground floor flat, i own the front garden which is quite large & the upstairs flat has an access path of the front door. The upstairs flat is rented out by the owner who is an estate agent therefore also manages the flat. I applied to the council 10 years ago to have a dropped kerb, they told me they could not do it as upstairs had refused. She is still refusing, does she have the right to do this? Her reason is she has said it will devalue her property, we have had many issues over the years with her tenants and her lack of keeping the property up to standard. She has never lived in the property and never intends to. I think she just does not like the thought of me having a parking space and also i think she wants me to give her a space to increase the price of her property. I am not willing to just give away half my land under bribery. Thank you in advance.

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No thank you please cancel, I was expecting an answer yesterday.

Kind regards.