How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

What side is my fence to the right or left. 15 Penbryn. Np

Customer Question

What side is my fence to the right or left. 15 Penbryn. Np207uh
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.


For about £8 you can get a copy of your Title Deeds as registered at HM Land Registry. You can also obtain a copy of anyone else's Title Deeds for the same amount if they are registered.

All you need to do is to click on and click on the English or Welsh sections. Once in click on "information about finding out about property ownership " and follow the instructions. No-one will know that you have obtained a copy of their Title.

Remember the boundaries shown on the Plan are only a general indication of the boundaries.
If you do not know your Title Number or that of the property you wish to look at do a Public Index Map search and you will be given the Number or told that it is not registered.

If you see "T marks" on the plan, then these point in the direction of the owner who has to maintain the wall, fence or hedge. (See the diagram below.)

Full Size Image

'H' marks indicate a party wall: