How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 12065
Experience:  30 years experience in property law.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I'm not sure I'm in the right category at all. I have three

Customer Question

I'm not sure I'm in the right category at all.
I have three propertys and my son has three flats all on buy to let mortgages.
How would we set up a limited company lettings? My son is non dom
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
You can set up a limited company and register it online by going to
Once that is done you can appoint your son and yourself as directors and issue shares.
You can then authorise the company to enter into leases, collect the rents etc. if you decide to put the properties in the name of the company you will have to do a major restructuring as regards ***** ***** so you may not want to do that, certainly in the short terms.
The fact your son is abroad won't affect his ability to become a shareholder or director.
Happy to discuss further.