How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Alex, after your advise, we sent the relevant documents

This answer was rated:

Alex, after your advise, we sent the relevant documents to the SCC last week and have had a response from our neighbour but not sure what she is asking for. Can I attach a copy of the letter rather than typing it out, so you can advise us. Many thanks, Lyn
Alex Watts : my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Yes you can attach it here
JACUSTOMER-2hrq6v0b- :

Have you managed to read the letter yet?

JACUSTOMER-2hrq6v0b- :

When can I expect a reply?

Alex Watts : Yes. What is it you want to know ?
JACUSTOMER-2hrq6v0b- :

What exactly is she asking us for?

Alex Watts : But you are not a public body are you? You are simply a private group?
JACUSTOMER-2hrq6v0b- :

thats right

JACUSTOMER-2hrq6v0b- :

We are three individuals who own our flats and the 4 individual won't pay their share of the buildings insurance, this is why we are taking her to the SCC, reference our previous chats, and the letter attached is her response, but we don't understand what she is asking her for, so we need you to advise us on how to respond

JACUSTOMER-2hrq6v0b- :

Lost power to laptop, I'm back now.

Alex Watts : Ok you don't need to worry,
Alex Watts : Freedom of information only applies to government bodies, such as council or a government department
Alex Watts : it does not apply to private companies or individuals.
Alex Watts : You can write back and say you are under no duty.
Alex Watts : As a small claim you only send documents on which you seek to rely upon 14 days before the hearing, nothing else.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-2hrq6v0b- :

Could you please do me a small answer paragraph to that affect that we can send to her. Do we also need to send a copy of her letter and our reply to the courts. In addition, am I correct in thinking that the courts will supply to her a copy of all the documents we have submitted to them prior to the hearing.

JACUSTOMER-2hrq6v0b- :

Are we obliged to provide her with any documents or details with regards ***** ***** buildings insurance although she has not been contributing last 6 years

Alex Watts : If I could ask you to rate this answer and I will respond to your other question
Alex Watts : So please click a Happy face here If itYou could. Thanks
JACUSTOMER-2hrq6v0b- :

I don't want to exit the chat at the moment, if I click the happy face it closes this chat

Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alex, I have submitted smiley face . Can we continue with the chat now please