How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My tenant a mother of three babies has failed to vacate my

This answer was rated:

My tenant a mother of three babies has failed to vacate my house after having been served a proper timely notice at the end of third annual agreement, how do I go about it ?
Alex Watts : my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : I assume it was an assured shorthold tenancy?

Yes it was.

Alex Watts : Ok. You need to serve a section 21 notice if you have not do so already .
Alex Watts : If you have then you can issue a claim form .
Alex Watts : You need to complete form n5
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : the court will list the matter and decide whether to give possession.
Alex Watts : if the tenant has no right then the court will.
Alex Watts : if the tenant still refuses to move you can evict.
Alex Watts : can I clarify anything about this today please?
Customer: On what grounds can the court go in favour of the tenant ?
Alex Watts : Exceptional hardship
Alex Watts : but that would only delay possession by a month or so
Customer: Could the small babies be a reason in her favour ?
Alex Watts : I would not think so. But generally to get housed by the council they need s possession order so that may be what it is for
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Customer: What does a possession order mean ?
Alex Watts : The order property
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything else .
Customer: You mean a possession order by the court or the council & to remain in the same property and long could it be
Alex Watts : A month or so after possession has been granted
Customer: Ok thanks help
Alex Watts : can I clarify anything else ?
Customer: No thanks
Alex Watts : ok, if I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, the button should be at the bottom
Alex Watts : If you need more help please click reply
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you