How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 35058
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My husband after 30 years has left. He left me in a flat we

This answer was rated:

My husband after 30 years has left. He left me in a flat we shared with 3 lodgers.
The lease expires in 3 months and we have to vacate. I have nowhere to go and no money. Is he within his rights to let this happen

Thank you question.
Which country are you living in and what nationality are you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we are British. My husband took a job in Dubai. so are living there at the moment. H sold the family home in the UK

What savings are there and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He says we have no savings ,he has a good pension fund also we own an Apartment in Turkey which we rent out so receive around 6000 sterling from that each year. He has a very well paid job here, but says he has debts. I have no income.

Do you intend to return to the UK?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think i will have to. Unless i can get a job here and a home. I am 53 years old so not sure that it will be possible to find something here, that will afford me to do these things. Plus my family are in the UK.

Is his pension based in the Uk?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


It is unlikely that there is any action that you can take where you are.
If you return to the UK you can issue a Divorce Petition and force him to disclose his financial position.
You are entitled to 50% of any assets, a Pension Sharing Order in respect of his pension - and possibly spouse maintenance as well
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you