How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

In May 2014 the house that I rent was sold, it was advertised

Customer Question

In May 2014 the house that I rent was sold, it was advertised as a tenanted property with a sitting tenant ,me. The person who bought the house told me that he wanted me to leave and has since sent me a section 21 notice. I think that he bought the house with a normal mortgage and not a buy to let mortgage, is it legal for him to serve the section 21 notice on me. I have found the mortgagee from the Land registry.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know whether you were in the fixed period your tenancy?

JACUSTOMER-w4m9jx2p- :

I am in a shorthold tenancy agreement from my former landlord

Alex Watts :

Yes are you in a periodic tenancy?