How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10772
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

My daughter has permanent planning permission mobile

This answer was rated:

My daughter has permanent planning permission for a mobile home in my garden. I would like to gift her the land with access on which her home is sited. This would be approx. half of the land which I own. The division would be fairly straightforward, the property is a square.
Would this be a difficult and expensive procedure, possibly something we could handle ourselves with advice?

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Could you please let me know if you have a Mortgage over your property?

Does the mobile home share services with your proeprty (ie water/foul sewer/electric)?

I look forward to hearing from you.


Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Aston,

There is no mortgage on the property.

Water supply is the only shared service.

Regards Jennie Yeates

Hi Jennie,

Thanks for your reply.

In order to transfer the mobile home plot to your Daughter, you both will need to sign a Transfer of part (Land Registry Form TP1), as well as attaching a Land Registry compliant plan (which is a Plan with a North marker and is to scale).

To be honest, unless you are familiar with Land Registry forms and drafting Transfers, you are going to find it hard to do this without a Solicitor.

The Transfer will need to set out the rights granted for the mobile home (right to use and connect to the main property water supply/ and the right of way which will need to be shown by relevant colouring on the Plan). The Transfer should also confirm if any boundary fences are to be put up and if so, which party will be responsible for maintaining them.

Subject to you doing all the above yourselves, if a private individual, as opposed to a Solicitor, applies to the Land Registry for any application, they will need to certify their identity, by completing a Land Registry Form ID1- this will need to be completed in front of a Solicitor who will need to see your passport and sign a recent passport sized photo of you.

The Land Registry will also make a charge for registering the Transfer, and you will need to apply enclosing the Transfer/Form ID1 and the application form which is called an AP1.

I hope this sets out the position to you. A Solicitor is likely to charge you approx £500-£600 plus VAT for doing the work, which may sound a lot, but will be worth it long term to make sure everything is done correctly.

If I have helped, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you