How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

My son owns an apartment, which has been unoccupied and unfurnished

This answer was rated:

My son owns an apartment, which has been unoccupied and unfurnished for 7 months. A work colleague has asked to stay in the apartment for 2 weeks, bringing with him a minimal amount of furniture. Should my son take out any form of insurance to cover the two weeks, in case of accidents in the property? The apartment already has buildings insurance, but no contents insurance.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.


I look forward to your reply

LondonlawyerJ :

It seems that my reply didn't arrive.

LondonlawyerJ :

If this is a non-commercial situation then there is unlikely to be a problem, but your son needs to check his insurance document to see if he is still covered. If money is changing hands he may we have t tell his insurers if he wishes to remain covered, In any event he should phone his insurers and keep them informed.

LondonlawyerJ and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you